03 April 2014

Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach Coastal Walk



One of the nicest walks in Sydney is a coastal walk between Bondi Beach and Coogee Beach. Its along this walk that the Sculptures By The Sea yearly art exhibition is held. But you don't have to wait for that to enjoy the beautiful views on this walk.





Last weekend Sydney cleared up enough for trip to Bondi beach I hadn't gotten around to yet. After lazing for a while in the sun (it was hard but someones gotta do it) I headed out for the walk. The entire trip, Bondi to Coogee took me about two and a half hours but that's including several photo stops. I have to say, last time I did this walk was in reverse and I think that was better for the views. 



Winding my way along the coast, going from one gorgeous view to hidden beach gave me ample opportunity to try out my new point and shoot camera. Judging by some of my photos, I still need to work out the settings. Regardless of all that, the walk was relaxing, refreshing, peaceful and a really nice way to spend the afternoon.




If you are interested in doing the walk you can start at either Bondi Beach or Coogee Beach. If you don't want to do the whole thing, you can always try the shorter version which is from Bondi to Bronte Beach. The start of the coastal walk is to the right of the beach where the Bondi Icebergs club is located.




To reach Bondi Beach just catch the train to Bondi Junction then hop on a bus from the main terminal (just follow the signs from the station) to the beach - you'll know where to get off once you see the beach ;) Some of the buses that go there are 381, 389, 333, 380.You can buy a ticket to Bondi Beach, it includes the train and bus fare and will also list the bus numbers the ticket is valid on. Just be aware that the coastal walk is not mobility friendly.


What's your favourite walk?

No comments:

Post a Comment