24 April 2014

Things to do in London - Recommendations wanted!

I'm lucky, very lucky. To be living in this amazing city with all sorts of fun things to do at my fingertips is something one usually can only dream of. I have been here since Jan 2012 and have done and seen a lot.

Ive done all your typical touristy stuff...

Visited the Tower of London...



Climbed to the top of Tower Bridge...



Walked in the footsteps of the Royal family at Buckingham Palace...


Seen London through a a glass pod in the London Eye...



Whispered in St Paul's Cathedral...



Ive been to Covent Garden, seen Shakespeare at the Globe Theatre...



Snapped photos of Big Ben and listened to his echoing chime...



Had a pub lunch. Or several. And I've stared down the lions in Trafalgar Square and been to more museums than I can count. Ive also done plenty of day trips from London and travelled for weekends away to Europe. Ive done some wacky things, from running like mad in a city wide treasure hunt, to a Loo Tour, to doing the can-can with perfect strangers. No I wasn't drunk at the time either. For any of them.




What I'd like to do now is dig a little deeper. I want to do those things that are not your average thing to do or place to eat in London. I have started building a list (I have 15 items so far). Quirky restaurants, unusual tours and fun events that you would only find in this city. And here is where you come in. If you have been somewhere or done something I might find interesting, let me know! Drop me an email, let me know via facebook, comment below or tweet me! It can be a cute cafe off the beaten track, your favourite walk, an unusual spot or whatever you like! I'll try almost anything. So, what are you waiting for?

In the meantime, here is my list of things to do in London which i'll keep adding to as I go along.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh this is a great idea! Would love to know what's on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Im keen to get stuck into it. Want to come along on some adventures?

      Delete
  2. Hi! I think it is fantastic that you're looking for unique and interesting things to do in London. I wrote a piece for the Timeout blog and I hope you don't mind me linking to it. In it I list my top 5 secret things to do in London: http://now-here-this.timeout.com/2012/03/30/mandy-southgate-of-emm-in-london-chooses-her-five-secret-london-spots/. I will be more than happy to share a couple more with you as and when I think about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the link Mandy, there are some new ones in there im keen to check out. And how lucky for you to post on the Time Out blog! Id be happy to hear anything else you remember :)

      Delete