01 November 2013

2 weeks to go!

Yesterday was my last day at work. In a couple of short weeks i will be heading home. Right now i am happy, elated, bouncing around and excited. It was the right thing to do, leaving my job early i mean. I need to have these weeks to say goodbye to London. There is always more to see but there are a few things left on my list that id like to do before i go and this is the time to do it.

I'm also excited about the next few months. Moving home, catching up with friends...escaping the London winter for the bright, blazing Aussie summer :) I cant wait. I'm excited to have time to catch up on my blogging and i have something up my sleeve that i hope will work out, but I'm going to leave you in suspense and not tell you right now. Hehe. Yell at me all you like ;)

For now, its goodbyes. Will i be back? I don't know. I want to come back, i do love living in London and i have made some lovely friends here. I will miss it. I will miss forgetting that i live in this amazing city and realising with a start where i really am. I will miss the myriad of things to do and opting for a coffee with my friends instead because I've been lucky enough to have found them. I will miss being blaze about going somewhere for the weekend because its close, affordable and doable.

Who knows what the future will bring? All i know is that where I'm standing right now. I'm excited and eager to find out. And, as always, you are welcome to join me on my journey and find out what happens next!

4 comments:

  1. Oh soak it all up. I know how you feel. I have been slowly saying goodbye to Sydney too and making sure that my footprint here will not be a burden to anyone when I am gone for the next forseeable five years.

    Summer here will be gorgeous for you. See you when you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It will be nice to meet you when im back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting, but bittersweet too. What's at the top of your 'to do' list? (I'm so, so jealous of your summer!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emma, the last item on my to do list is a final walk around London taking in all the famous icons. I have finally made it to the Natural History Museum, been to 221B Baker St, explored Marylebone High Street (amongst others!) :) Oh, i still need some souvenirs from Camden Markets for friends back home. Clocks ticking!

    ReplyDelete