16 June 2014

What are your favourite London attractions?

I'm curious, what are your top ten London attractions?

When I first arrived in London, I made sure I checked off all the 'typical' London attractions like Buckingham Palace, the National Gallery, the Tower of London and others. Having lived in London for a while now, I keep discovering places that fast become favourites like the Horniman Museum and my favourites have evolved and changed as my time here has grown.

Visit London has created a list of top 10 London attractions and I was happy to see some solid favourites on their list. In any case its a beautiful video of London I just had to share.

Footage by London Creative

By the way, has anyone been to Madame Tussaudes? Is a visit worth the price tag?

What do you think? Do you agree with their top 10 London attractions? What are yours?

8 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I don't think Madame Tussaud's is worth the price tag. To me, it is the most forgettable among the London attractions and you're treated like cattle once inside.

    My favourites wouldn't be attractions as such - exhibitions like the one on A Million Years of British History at the Natural History Museum are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moo! Oh dear. Such a shame to have that kind of experience!

      Thats an interesting perspective. I do get where you are coming from. Its like the British Museum, brilliant in its own right but I adore their quirky collection of Victorian clockwork.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:17 pm

    I don't think it is. It was the one thing my sister really wanted to do when she visited. The line to get in took at least an hour. Then the first room, with all the celebrities, was so full you couldn't actually take a photo without someone else being in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How disappointing! And frustrating too, after all that wait. Hope your sister still enjoyed her visit despite all that thought.

      Delete
  3. Watching the video now having seen a drone in action made me appreciate how technology has really evolved to help us create such amazing videos. You are right. The angles that it has captured some of this architecture is truly amazing. I think there are a few on there that I haven't been to and nope I haven't been to this original Tussauds, but the ones in the other countries that I have visited have always only been fun if you're into that kind of thing. Not all peeps might enjoy it though, so it's up to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, controlling that drone cant be easy but its a nifty thing to get some great footage!

      Delete
  4. I am surprised by this list. I thought Buckingham Palace and Tower Bridge may have made it on the list. A lot of museums. I do love the British Museum, but I haven't been to the Natural History Museum yet - it's on the list. I LOVE Tower of London so that definitely deserves a spot. As for Madame Tussaud's, I haven't been and I'm not sure if I could spend that much money looking at wax figures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a surprising list! I'd be interested to find out how they arrive at that list, if its a vote or number of tourists through the door.

      Delete