30 June 2014

Favourite Travel Photo #Linkup

The lovely ladies Kelly, Emma and Rebecca are at it again, this time they seeking to peek into our photo archives for our favourite travel photos. My last linkup was a couple of months ago, having missed a few purely due to life pressures and being at a loss as to what to write about. This time however, the moment I read the theme, a photo popped into my minds eye.


New York City - Top of the Rock
I love this photo. It was taken by my friend J and I confess that it was totally staged. BUT, that day, there was a reflective moment which could have mirrored that photo. It was the end of my first trip to New York which had been entirely surreal; from finding myself in the middle of Grand Central Terminal to picnicking in Central Park, to walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, to seeing the Statue of Liberty. It felt so whirlwind that I had to stop and simply take in where I was, really absorb it, appreciate it and remember it. And that's what this photo is for me. A bitter sweet moment, on the cusp of leaving New York but loving the magic of being there those few days.

I have so many other photos that are favourites so I might do a separate post where I share one favourite photo from each destination. What do you think?

Before I go, here is another favourite. It was taken in 2005, my very first day in London. Ever. You can tell a lot by my smile. And I still have that guidebook!



What is your favourite travel photo?


22 comments:

  1. That's a great travel photo, it just looks so magical with New York scattered out in front of you!
    And yes I think you should do your favourite photo from each destination; that would be an awesome post xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that photo of you in London!! Your grin is so big :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your London photo and your New York photo is just AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the New York photo - staged or not, it looks great! And the smile in the London one says everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly :) I was falling in love with London that day.

      Delete
  5. Love that NY one! Such a reflective pic x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo of NYC! I have always wanted to go there but haven't had the chance yet. I think originally living so close to it I just never actually got around to going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cara! Ah, we are all guilty of taking our back yard for granted, me most of all!

      Delete
  7. It's a wonderful, perfectly summarising New York! (Ps. I love your earrings!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I know right? Who wouldnt want to wear keys on their ears? lol

      Delete
  8. I love the photo! What a spectacular view!

    I've also missed a couple of link-ups, but this topic was great, as it made me go through so many of my past photos - and good memories :) See you at the next one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I had fun reliving good memories too.
      See you then!

      Delete
  9. Look how happy you are in your second photo! So lovely! And aren't those reflective moments when travel makes you stop and take it all in just the best? I've also been in a little posting rut - but maybe we plan something again quickly to get us back in the swing of things? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the technical term is "goofy happy". Yep, I love those moments.
      Sounds like a good idea :)

      Delete
  10. I love how one is reflective and one is just so damn happy! And yeah we all miss a link up or two or five. As long as we all come back eventually it's ok no? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I thinks alright, we all eventually come back for the community and stories.

      Delete
  11. That is a very cool photo! Beautiful view over New York and great set up with you looking out! :)
    Can I ask where you're looking from? Great view and there are no barriers so I'm super curious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camila. Sure, its "Top of the Rock" Its the Rockefeller centre building :)

      Delete