26 January 2015

Bloggers Afternoon Tea at Browns Hotel


"Stands will be replenished, so please indulge, its Sunday!"

The lovely girls Kelly, Emma and Rebecca organised a bloggers event at Brown's Hotel yesterday to bring us together for a chat over a Sunday afternoon tea. I have to say, its one of the most unexpected benefits of blogging - all the wonderful people you meet. I had the chance to chat a bit more with bloggers I met at the last bloggers afternoon tea I went to, and get to know a few new faces behind the blogs.

A row of afternoon tea trays and post of jam and cream

We were given our own room at Browns Hotel, the simple, yet elegant Roosevelt room complete with sparkling chandelier and staff who were very attentive. I felt utterly spoilt having my tea poured for me!

Desert plate - Rhubarb, Batenburg, chocolate tart, carrot cake and lemon macron

Out came the tea, sandwiches and sweets with scones brought warm shortly afterwards. The were mmms and yumms and 'have you tried?' and 'thats good!' and the tinkling of silverware on china cups. Some girls had special dietary requirements that Browns easily accommodated for and tempted the rest of us, non-special-diet people, with!

Warm plain and raisin scones

Hours later and I'm still totally and utterly stuffed. I lost count of the cups of tea, sandwiches and sweet treats I had. But with all this delectable yumminess before you, could you resist?



12 comments:

  1. It was such a lovely day! The perfect place to meet!
    Lots of love,
    Angie

    SilverSpoon London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! So elegant. Lovely seeing you there. Hope your photos came out ok in the end.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you're fast :-)! Was great seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its unusual for me! Lovely seeing you too :)

      Delete
  3. Talk about blogging quick draw! We're glad you enjoyed it - it was so lovely to see everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for organising. It was a great spot for afternoon tea and to catch up with everyone.

      Delete
  4. I see the elusive pot of jam made it into the photo! :) Brown's quickly made it into one of my favourite tea spots in London! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! its funny you say that, I actually ended up looking for it later too! Browns really did make a nice arvo tea!

      Delete
  5. I stole alll the sandwiches haha. Was so lovely talking to you more this time! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont blame you, those sandwiches were scrummy! Likewise, hope to see you at the next event :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea for a blogger's meet up. I absolutely adore high tea so I'm salivating behind my desk right now. How good do those sandwiches look...mmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pearl! This post should have had a warning at the start! So sorry! hehe. But yeah, the girls behind the meetup are a great bunch.

      Delete