14 February 2015

In love with London

Dear London,
Its been three years since we started this relationship and you ought to know all the things I love about you...

I love your small alley ways and gas lights
I love your theatres with shows for every mood and taste
I love your architecture from St Pauls to small Mews
I love that the sight of Big Ben always makes me pinch myself


I love that I can watch Shakespeare under the stars 
I love all the weird and wonderful things to do, from escape rooms to immersive theatre
I love your free museums and the amazing events put on during the monthly late openings
I love your history and literary ties


I love your quirky tours and quirky cafes
I love that there is always something to see or do
I love your obsession with pop-up anything, bar, restaurant or cereal shop
I love your tube announcers making sour faced commuters smile
I love that I never  have to check tube or train departure times because there will usually be one along in a few minutes


I love how on any given weekend, someone will spot adults in costume without batting an eye
I love the sense of 'anything is possible' you exude
I love the amazing mix of people I've met
I love the plethora of afternoon teas on offer


I love your long summer days
I love your parks, gardens and commons, stretching out on a warm summers day with a good book and just relaxing


I love how close you are to everything else making a trip to Madrid, Venice, Athens, Iceland or lots of other places, an easy hop.

I love that I can go on a day trip to so many interesting places 
I love that you have challenged me and helped me grow
For all this and more, I love you.

Happy Valentines Day London. Here's to many more happy years together.
Xoxo.

Tell me, what do you love about London?

P.S Happy Valentines Day to all my lovely readers!



9 comments:

  1. Nice Post Dear…. I Like Your Post….

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to London in April for the first time and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! It may still be on the chilly side in April so bring layers and if you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

      Delete
  3. Totally hanging out for the long summer days again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOUR POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My relationship with the most beautiful city in the world started 5 years ago....
    I'm going to London this summer.....will be my 4th time and I can't wait....
    Thank you for sharing the things you love about London!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Eleftheria xxx

    ReplyDelete