09 April 2015

My Favourite Fallas of 2015 (Part 2 - The Children's Fallas)


The Children's Fallas (Falla Infantil)

Each Fallas has an accompanying children's fallas. I really think that these were as impressive as the larger ones because of the sheer number of figurines and level of detail. The other interesting thing about these is that they highlight just how family friendly this festival is. Families with children of all ages were involved. They were in the parades and were out and about with the adults late into the night.

Kids took special pleasure in buying and setting off firecrackers - some of the more evil cheeky ones throwing them just near enough to scare the living daylights out of passers-by without actually hurting them.


This one time, when a particularly loud one was set off, I heard a high-pitched scream behind me. I turned around only to see a grown man gradually turn all kinds of pink with embarrassment. Even stuffing both hands in my mouth was hopeless in suppressing my laughter. Poor guy!

My favourite - The Onomatopoeia Fallas

This is one that I didn't need to understand Spanish to appreciate. Plus I had a few giggles at some of the sounds they had.



Apparently girls go 'Fiu' and guys go 'Proooufh'

Some of the other Children's Fallas
Don't forget you can click on any of the photos to enlarge them!


I later saw them burn this one...


I really liked this one too for some reason

A children's book writer/illustrator perhaps?




In case you missed it, check out the Special Fallas. And don't forget to come back soon for the remaining Large Fallas and Crema-the burning of the Fallas!






2 comments:

  1. The skill that must go into the construcation of these is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing. Id like to see the whole creation process.

      Delete