05 January 2015

What a year!

via
I made it! I made it! *happy dance* 2014 you tricky, nasty, crazy year you. You had some highlights, no doubt about that, but you stressed me out so much I almost gave up on London and you challenged me right down to the last few months! But I got through your roller coaster and now I've high hopes for 2015! I feel settled and sorted and that means that hopefully this year will less 'Arrrgh!' and more 'Wheeee!'

Travel plans
I'm already day dreaming of holidays and planning trips for the year ahead. First up will be a trip to Valencia for Las Fallas in March, if I can convince work to give me the week off. Has anyone been? Any tips? Then Amsterdam in May to finally visit the Anne Frank museum and check out the very cool flower festival Keukenhof. I'm also hopping over to the south of France in July to fulfil bridesmaid duties! Berlin and Budapest are still on my list so need to squeeze them in somewhere plus I'm way overdue for a trip to southeast Asia - Vietnam maybe?

Secret plans
...And I've a bit of a project I'm secretly working on which I'll be announcing when the terror of announcing it to the unidentified masses dies down to only occasional night terrors of ridicule and mockery instead of nightly.

Blogging plans
I hope that this year I wont fall off the blogging waggon and I'll be able to catch up with all the lovely bloggers I've had the pleasure of meeting. I also hope to write a bit more about the process of moving to London, so that anyone out there dreaming of making the move, can find some useful advice and tips here that will help them take another step towards making their dream a reality.

What are your travel or personal hopes for this year?



10 comments:

  1. Great travel plans for 2015 Sam, Amsterdam during spring is stunning and my sister would be able to offer you tips on Las Fallas as she went to the festival last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Looking forward to reading about your secret plans and am excited about seeing you again at the Afternoon Tea.
    Happy New Year and make sure you link up for this months travel link up
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Looking forward to the Afternoon Tea too!

      Delete
  2. It's so great to see your sweet blog 'face' pop up again - I can't wait to begin adventuring with you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that London can be the friendliest and least friendly place in the world to live depending on what's going on around you so well done getting through a tough year! The only way is up - especially with such an exciting sounding year ahead of you. Looking forward to hearing about the big reveal! Brace yourself for the Anne Frank museum, it's a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. But definitely worth doing! Polly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Polly, absolutely, the only way is up! As for the Anne Frank museum I'll be sure to have tissues at the ready! Do you know what time is best to go? Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  4. It's always good to read your blog..looking forward to the same in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Im always happy to hear that.

      Delete
  5. a positive start to the new Year for you Sam ! I wish you all the best hand hope that your travel plans and BIG project come to fruition.
    As you plan foreign jaunts, I am dreaming of a holiday to London. But it will probably be the next year. I will let you know and read your blog again and again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alissa. I hope I you make it here, it'd be great to meet you in person.

      Delete