15 December 2015

Life lately - update



Sorry, I am, really, I disappeared on you without any notice. Its been 4 weeks since my last post. I did start the year with the best intention to not to fall off the blogging bandwagon and I've been much better this year I think, other than this slight hiccup. But that's Life, you know? And London, that heady temptress, luring me away with tantalising experiences that I can't help but be drawn in. But I do love her, after all, she was my Valentine this year ;) Anyway, I won't make any more excuses. If you are still here, thanks so much for sticking by me!

So, you want updates, right? What have I been up to? What's next on the agenda?

What I have been doing in London?


So, so much. There has been the usual, brunches, chit-chats over coffees and dinners. I've also been checking out the theatre: Stomp and Austentatious (a great improv theatre group). I've also been lured by the Gingerline into their Chambers of Flavours, a brilliant dining experience, I could tell you more but it's all very hush-hush. Being the festive season, I've been wandering around London, enjoying her Christmas lights, trees and window displays (Harrods has a fun one on).

The entrance to the 'Chambers of Flavour'

Oxford St & Selfridges Christmas lights

Brunch at Restaurant 34, Mayfair

The shoemaker and the ...mouse? Harrods window display.

What I have been doing personally?


So I've had a bit on my plate, I had some family stuff that ate up a good few weeks of my time and sent me to Beirut for two days. I didn't get much of a chance to explore so would love to go back and explore that city. Also, there is that project that I keep alluding to and was in my last years New Years Resolution, it's been started, progressed and is now flagging due to other commitments.

Beirut street art - sorry for the fuzzy pic!

What's next?


Those of you following me on Twitter (@travelsbyvp) know I'll be turning tail over Christmas and heading to the sunnier climes of my home in Sydney. I'll be there for a good few weeks for some much needed R&R. (BTW are you going away or staying home?)
Now here is the question I have been wrestling with. Should I continue my online break so I can plan, prepare and refresh? Or should I continue to blog? I'm thinking I might 'officially' take a break and if a happen to post then it'll be there waiting for you when we're all back from the holiday season. Hmmm. Either way, I'll be sure to let you know and not leave you wondering about my going AWOL again.


I hope your past few weeks have been good and you're looking forward to some much deserved fun and festivity.


4 comments:

  1. Aaah, sometimes a break is the best thing you can do! Enjoy your time at home and if you do find you're rested enough to start blogging again then go for it. No pressure. We'll be here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a feeling I might hear from you :) Thank you for the support Mandy, you are always so kind!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes even blog muses need a wee break ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Those muses can wreak havoc when overworked ;)

      Delete